Sunday, June 23, 2013

Close...But Still Not Gonna

Chica has had an amazing run of naps over the last week or so. She's gone to sleep easier, stayed snoozing longer, and made Mama much happier (with the exception those two, teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, painful rounds that I'm gonna throw on her behalf 'cause I'm feeling generous).

But despite her leaps-and-bounds progress, I still don't think she'll EVER be that child who just snoozes for a power nap somewhere random when she needs it.

Exhibit A--a couple days ago she was rubbing her eyes, tugging her ears, and curling into her go-to position, like this:


But then, two second later, she popped up and said, "wait a minute, I didn't mean to do that. I'm great, I'm not tired! Really."

And then she did this:


"Dang it. I didn't mean to do that--again. Seriously, I'm good. Not tired at all (*yawn*)." Then she popped back up.

Alas, another few seconds later, a relapse:


"Geez...this is so unlike me. Did you put Benadryl in my bottle? If so, that's so not cool."

After that, she tried to muster up some play energy, but another minute later...:


One of these days, when she's thirty-something and over-tired, she'll realize naps are a gooooood thing and just GIVE IN--wherever, whenever.

Until then, she's got Mama to save her from herself and put her down in her crib, so she can feel no shame and pretend she was forced there against her will.

:)

Happy Sunday, peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment