Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Crazy Long Nap

My daughter took a two hour and ten minute nap this afternoon.

Let me re-type:

A two hour and ten minute nap.

As in, 130 minutes.

In order to properly convey the enormity of this event, I must remind you that, for my beloved, nap-resistant child, a 35 minute nap is standard, a 70 minute nap is freaking awesome, and only once--yes, once--has Chica ever, EVER napped for two hours.

But today makes twice.

I can't tell you how exciting it was.

Except for the small, slightly annoying fact that I didn't really know how to deal with a two hour nap, because my day is usually structured around the expectation of just a 35 minute one. So I might've kinda sorta wasted a lot of really wonderful time today when I could have been napping myself.

Or reading.

Or getting a pedicure.

Followed by another pedicure.

And then some shopping.

Dang it.

Oh well...maybe I'll do better next time.

If it ever happens again, that is.

;)

Happy Saturday, peeps.



No comments:

Post a Comment