Friday, February 28, 2014

Not Just A TV Show, Peeps

So one of the trees in our front yard bears these blue, berry-looking things...


...that are scattered all over one section of our lawn...


...and someone tiny and adorable I know seems to think they're blueberries, (and she just luuuuuuvs blueberries, so, naturally, she wants to eat 'em)...


So Mama was on a vigilant hand-swatting mission to keep them out of her cute little paws today while we were playing.

When I didn't have much luck with the repeated "no" and yuck" and "icky" I decided on a different tactic, courtesy of our dear TV friend, Sofia The First.

You see, in one episode, a character gets an itchy rash when he picks a fictional flower called Meddlesome Myrtle, so I told Chica the berries were like Meddlesome Myrtle and then said "yuck" and wouldn't you know it--I think it sunk in, hehe.

She went around mumbling "myrtle, myrtle" and diverted to the sticks instead.

I have no doubt she'll return to the berries tomorrow and we'll have to repeat the lesson, but it was kinda cute to find a frame of reference she could actually kinda sorta relate to.

:)

Happy Weekend, peeps! 

(I hope your weather is as lovely as ours.)





No comments:

Post a Comment