Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pet Rocks

Ah, the classic (yet totally random and useless--but kinda oddly cute) pet rock craft project. 

Another fun way to utilize The Learning Tower and occupy Chica for a few minutes in the late afternoon, when she has a little crank in her pants (I type that lovingly.)

I've been gathering rocks for weeks and promptly forgetting where I put them (in piles in the yard, in the back seat of cars, in the laundry room). What can I say? I'm sleep deprived.

But today, I located some of them--along with the kid-friendly paint--and we went to work.

First with one color:


Then another:

Then we got some cross-dipping action going:


'Cause a swirl is always nice (in ice cream, and crafting life):


But poking at the paint is even better:



But that's a gateway drug to a taste...which is not so great:


I'm happy to report that this lovely water-based paint wipes easily off of countertops, walls, and toddler's tongues.

Stay tuned tomorrow. Googly eyes are 'a comin' once the paint is dry :)

Happy Tuesday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment