Saturday, August 23, 2014

Chicklet's First Tooth!

Oh my freaking goodness, my beloved Chicklet CUT HER FIRST TOOTH TODAY, and I had no idea it was even in the works! Seriously, yo. No idea!

I've been checking her gums every now and then since she's approaching the five-month mark and Chica cut her first tooth at six months. But there was nothing of note.

And then at lunch today, we were sitting under some bright lights and I was making her smile like a fool, and I could see the darn tooth (bottom center, the right one). I could see it, I tell ya! I felt around, but it was still just below the surface.

Then tonight, before I put her down for the night, I felt again and there was the sharp edge of just a teeny-tiny bit of that tooth poking through!

Amazing. Seriously amazing--considering the only potential sign I can think of as I look back now is a little more disruptive sleep for the past two evenings. Otherwise, she's handling it like a champ, my sweet, little, blue-eyed baby.


I'm so proud and amazed. (And I know it's a bit silly, but I'm so grateful to have caught the action in the works.) Of course, I only have Chica for comparison, and she was always very vocal, shall we say, about teething. Ha. Wouldn't have been able to miss it with her ;)

I know we're probably a couple weeks from the tooth being all the way up, but, still. What a fun, unexpected event today.


My beautiful secondborn is growing so fast.

Waaaaaaah!

I love her so.


Happy Weekend, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment