Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Dentist (And Not The Horror Kind)

Okay, so I'm an accidental genius, and didn't even know it.

Seriously, yo.

Shall I explain???

Why, yes. Yes I shall. 

A couple weeks ago, I booked Chica her very first dentist appointment and fully expected it to be an epic disaster.

But I set it up for the greatest chance of success by booking it alongside Daddy's appointment so Chica could watch him and gain some small level of comfort before her turn came, and--ding, ding, ding!--it worked!


My sweet and energetic, but uber-cautious girl had plenty of time to examine her new environment, check out the scary-sounding tools, and see that they caused no harm.

But--and this is a major but--she got an extra dose of childlike comfort and fun when we arrived and realized EVERYBODY was dressed in costume! Woohoo! Talk about jackpot.

This particular dentist's office isn't open on Fridays, so today was the day. And the entire staff participated. It was awesome. And so cute to see Wonderwoman coaxing my two-year-old into a quick exam ;)

Chica only shed a few anxious tears at the most intrusive bit, then once again used her sunglasses as a shield against nervousness (so cute, I die).


Anywho--we did it! Dentist--check.

And when it's time for Chicklet to go, I am soooo bookin' it on Halloween (or the closest business day). Genius!

Happy Almost Friday/Halloween, peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment