Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So Long, Summer 2014

I feel like I've been in a bit of a limbo/funk for the past couple of weeks, because it's Fall...and yet, it's not.

And because of that, I'm finding it hard to turn over a new leaf (ahem, obvious pun unavoidable, and therefore, intended) of autumn energy and activity for the girls until it reeeeally feels like Fall.

It's at times like these (and, let's face it--a ton o' other times, too) that I find it easy to start questioning my parenting and letting those doubts creep in.

Am I teaching them enough?
Am I challenging them enough?
Are they as happy as they could be?
Am I showing them too much Frozen?
Are they asking for Sofia because they're bored?
Did I feed them any veggies today (wait--that one doesn't apply, but I do have to ask it)?
Are they taking too long to fall asleep at night because they haven't let out enough energy?

And so on and so on and so on.

Luckily, I have this blog to help me hop off the am-I-a-good-enough-parent? Merry Go Round.

Because it allows me to look back at the loads of lovely experiences we've had over the Summer, so I can truly look forward to what I'm sure will be an equally lively Fall.

There will be average days, and there will be awesome days. That's life.

But thank heavens each and every one is something to be grateful for.

So now, without further ado...I give you a Summer 2014 Recap:






































No comments:

Post a Comment