Thursday, November 20, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Tuesday evening, the girlies and I needed a little activity to help us through that hump of time after nap, but before Daddy came home. And boy, oh, boy did we come up with the BEST activity EVER!

Ta-daaaaaaaa!



But to rewind and recap...

The specs: a 6-foot tall, slimline, white tree that I saw in Target. It called to me, and sang, "playroom!"

The trim: only chew-resistant ornaments and decor allowed.

The timeline: about two minutes to assemble, another two minutes to fluff out the branches, and then about two nanoseconds for my tiniest babe to circle and nibble.



I just love the felt garland I bought for it. Such cute, playful colors, so easy to put in place, and very kid-friendly.



And, naturally, we have a Frozen tree skirt. I gave Chica the choice between an Anna/Elsa skirt or an Olaf one, and she went for the lovable snowman. I suspect because it was periwinkle, hehe.



I bought some fun, metallic-fabric stars that Chica totally loves. And an elephant and horse...two of her fave animals.



But the real winners are these princess ornaments I found. A pack of 25 (each numbered on the back) that are uber-durable and open, so you can hide stuff inside (though Chica doesn't know that yet; shhh, don't tell), and turn them into an advent countdown.



Chicklet luuuuuvs them, too.



And, of course, the lights are the frosting on the tree :)



Needless to say, the girlies are totally smitten with it, and spend oodles of time around it, rearranging it, admiring it. Makes this Mama's heart very merry, indeed.



Sooooo much fun decorating with my girlies this year. Sooooo much more to come!

Happy Thursday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment