Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Gift of Music

If this pic doesn't scream it's-Christmas-and-the-company-is-arriving, then I don't know what does!


Soooo happy the family, holiday, togetherness chaos is upon us! It's truly the greatest gift of the season.

But tonight, I'm also saying many prayers of gratitude for another major thing that showed up at our house today:


Yep. That'd be a piano.

It's almost difficult for me to post about because I feel like I'm blessed with such an abundance of riches in my life of late--healthy, happy kids and husband topping that list--but I always share what's going on in our daily lives, and glossing over something as major as the gift of music in my home just doesn't feel right.

Music, in so many forms, was a major part of my upbringing, and it's been my hope for some time that my girls share in that love and appreciation.

So I'm not gonna lie, seeing my wee ones at the piano--playing and experiencing--and then dusting off my own very rusty skills was beyond a joy.

The kind that comes with happy tears.

And to have those kind of happy, grateful tears at Christmas...well, it just doesn't get better than that.


I wish for you all nothing but happy, happy, joy, joy in the special days to come!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE, ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment