Friday, May 22, 2015

Mess-Free Glitter Project!

Today, we did a project that Chica really dug--and I'm so glad, because when I picked it up at Tar-jay I was worried it might be an epic fail. But no, not at all!

Allow me to introduce you to the Melissa and Doug Mess-Free Glitter kits that are uber cute.



You basically start with four ready-to-be-dressed girls that are on card stock. Then you pick out their outfits from this sheet provided (we'd already used some when I took this pic; hence the missing ones):


The outfit pieces are essentially double-sided stickers. The back sticks to the girl, and then you peel off the front when you're ready to get your glitter on.

Then you take the provided sheets of shimmery "glitter" paper--that isn't glitter at all, therefore, no mess, no fuss--and lay it on top of the outfit piece.

Press to make sure you've got it all covered...



Then press some more if you're a cute, dedicated toddler...



Then peel away the "glitter" paper and the shimmery color will be transferred onto the outfit piece.


So easy and fun!

Some of the outfit pieces have separate sticker sections so you can really jazz them up with different colors if the mood strikes you :)

And then, like a cherry on top of the sundae, there are additional accessories stickers provided, like earrings, necklaces and shoes. 

Look how cute!



I think you can actually fold the card stock pieces so the girls stand up, but we didn't do that today.

Chica was in designer heaven.



I about died when she put the sticker purse on this girl's shoulder instead of in her hand. 



I mean, just look at that goofy smile.



I was so proud of her dedicated work. I never know when I grab these projects if they'll be winners, and this one was a real thumbs up for her.



In fact, since it was only a couple of dollars, when I went back to Target with the girls today, I picked up a couple other kits that are similar.

I've really been pleased with our Melissa and Doug projects, and apparently, I'm not the only one. See those yellow bins on the shelf behind my cutie pie Chicklet? They were chock full a week or ten days ago, and now...all gone. I grabbed the last ones :)  



I've learned to keep a stockpile of these fun crafts in our craft closet (yep, we've got one) and I'm so glad that I do. 

Stimulating the girls' creativity and breaking up the monotony of any given day for them is major for my Mama and daughter well-being. Books and projects, peeps. Couldn't live without 'em. Never think twice about paying for them.

Love my girlies. Love our projects. LOVE that the HOLIDAY weekend is upon us!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend kickoff!


No comments:

Post a Comment