Friday, August 28, 2015

Sticker Insanity

Here is a reusable sticker book I gave to Chica a couple days ago for a quiet time activity:



And here is the lovely landscape she created while I closed my eyes:



Now, what we have here is a portrait of a crazy pregnant lady, who found about 75 other stickers around 11 pm that night that weren't used in the above landscape, but instead shoved behind the headboard and crumpled into pile at the baseboard below, where they had to be retrieved with a broom and then re-set (by aforementioned crazy pregnant lady) so her adorable but rascal-like firstborn could have a repeat of sticker fun the next day during quiet time (but only after verbalizing a solemn promise not to shove any behind the headboard again):


(And yes, yes that is my baby bump in the above pic, holding some of the stickers while I locate their appropriate pages.)

I love my kid. And I love that she's having a blast with the stickers and staying entertained during her quiet time.


And I especially love that she spreads them out on the blanket now, instead of hiding them in places that are hard for this ginormous, pregnant lady to reach.


But mostly, I love love this adorable look she gave me when I just had to sneak in this pic of her focusing so intently before I closed my eyes to rest:


Yay for the quiet time continuing to work relatively well.

And for he record, she's fallen asleep naturally during said quiet time only twice in the last 20 days or so--yesterday being one of those days.

And though she was angelic in her rest, boy did we pay for it at bedtime last night.



So...although we continue to battle many wakeups mid-night, I guess the no nap thing is sort of helping in other ways. 

But boy am I glad it's the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment