Thursday, September 10, 2015

Halloween Come Early

Though most will think I'm a bit insane (and really, is that anything new?), I went ahead and busted out some Halloween decorations on Tuesday night, after the girlies were asleep.

I thought it best to be ahead of the game this year with the big BIRTH DAY looming around the corner. Not to mention the fact that all these dang retail catalogues coming to my door just had me itching to decorate a bit!

It was so fun for Chica to wake up to the sight of the goods. And she immediately stole the plush pumpkin and ghost from near the TV, as I knew she would :)


Though she generously raced me to Chicklet's room so she could bestow upon her the blessing of the pumpkin--which brought a huge smile to my secondborn's face when it launched into her crib.


They've been carting them everywhere for the last couple of days--upstairs, downstairs, kitchen table, car--and I just love it.

Here we are watching our morning Sofia :) The whole gang, including my bump, ha.


It was also so fun to watch Chicklet stare in awe at the mantel decor. That look of wonder...I tell ya, it's one of the best things ever, and one of the major reasons I'm beyond nutty thrilled the holidays are kicking off soon.


But the icing on the early-decor cake came yesterday afternoon, in the form of some fun, felt bats I ordered to finish things off.

The girlies were around when the package arrived, and naturally, took the lead on putting them up ;)






It's so fun to have this ambience around us already. And it's inspired tons of other Fall/Halloween kick-offs, including the busting out of some books we just love.

So, yay, for an early start!


One more thing to cross off the pre-baby list. And one more thing to enjoy!

Happy Tomorrow's-Friday-And-Also-My-OB-Appt-Where-I'd-Love-To-Hear: "You're About To Give Birth Any Day." Ha. 

(More on the dog days of pregnancy #3 in a day or two.)



No comments:

Post a Comment