Saturday, October 24, 2015

Cardboard Club House!

I just can't help myself.

I see something cool that would make for a good project, and I'm sold.

My latest indulgence--thankfully, not an overly pricey one--was this awesomesauce cardboard clubhouse I came across in Target (I mean, really, don't all good things come from Target?).

Endless hours o' fun, but also a tad old school in a simplistic way. I knew it would be the perfect entertainment for the right day.


And the right day turned out to be yesterday :)

It was Friday. It was the culmination of our first solo week as a trio (or rather, quartet, if you count me, ha), which sort of called for a celebration. And it was rainy, rainy, rainy.

Of course it was a riot trying to actually assemble the darn thing.

Not because it was overly complex, but because I was holding the pieces upright, keeping the girls off of it whilst trying to read the instructions, and simultaneously running interference any time one of them tried to smother Baby Boy with overzealous love.


But eventually, I got the main pieces together. Woohoo!


And my curious little boogers had to explore. (Aren't these pics yucky lighting?? After taking about a thousand gazillion billion pics of my kiddos over the last three years, I've so come to appreciate natural lighting. But the rain and darkness called for--gasp--the ceiling light in the playroom, that I never use).



Luckily, I love love a good gloomy day, so I got over the bad lighting. And we moved the assembled club house over to the corner by the windows, where it will live for awhile.




The bonus part of this house was the coloring component. Chica--and Chicklet, for that matter--got a big kick out of scribbling all over it.





We only managed to color the front side yesterday, so I'm looking forward to further embellishments. I'm even seeing stickers in its future.


I think it will live with us until it's time to put up the playroom Christmas tree. 

I just love a good diversion. And I love that it was the capper on a lovely first week on our own. 

I'm really proud of us. We did good. We were happy and normal.

And now, I'm even happier it's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment