Friday, December 14, 2018

Holiday Paint-A-Palooza!

Okay, so, here’s the dealio: the holidays are a bit chaotic, hectic, jam-packed, wonderful, stressful, fabulous, frantic, and, you know, full of all the joy and cheer and insanity that every other person on the planet feels this time of year.

For this specific post (‘cause I’m all about what’s in front of me right this very moment, so I can avoid the I’m-crazy-overwhelmed spiral...this context is important, because:
  1. We’ve been doing a crap-ton (technical term) of crafts and projects, but...
  2. I’ve had less than zero time to post about them. Ha.
So...let’s try to rectify that, right here, right now, m’kay?? 

M’kay.

Now...where to start? Where to start???

Let’s start with painting!

One of my very favorite, tried-and-true-for-lovely-results-out-of-tiny people painting hack is to buy some blank canvases, bust out some stencils (that I tape in place on the canvases), and let them go nuts!

They can go crazy with the colors and flair (and, let’s face it—they can paint all over the stencil that will be removed, ha), and then end up with something lovely with an actual shape to it.

It’s fabulous. It’s wonderful. It’s entertaining. And I dig the results. And...painting is seriously my crazy nuggets’ favorite of all crafting activities. So, win/win/win.

(Also, if they look a tiny bit, well, pale and puny in these pics, it’s because they were! We did this one on a day that Chica was home sick from school and Chicklet and Little Man were only a couple days in from their second strep throat round. Oye. But look at us, turning lemons into lemonade, ha.)















Of course, no painting project of ours in truly complete without a crap-ton (again with that technical term) of glitter—which we shake on at the end.

Because glitter makes the world happy.



After peeling off the stencil, Chicklet went a little freestyle-rogue on hers, and I just lurv all three of the kiddos’ finished products. Unique perfection.




And...next up, a few days later, we busted out the paints again, because my crazies were begging for another round, ha.

I purchased some cute wooden picture-ornaments a few weeks ago to keep on hand, and we still had a few wooden nutcrackers tucked away from last year. So...there you go! Easy breezy.



















No comments:

Post a Comment