Monday, October 7, 2019

Big Noise, Big Pride

So...a few days ago, after school, my trio of crazies was insane in the membrane. Like, peel them off the ceiling, they’ve lost their marbles (so, you know, pretty much a typical day).

By dinnertime, this Mama was way overstimulated and the noise was just beyond. So I bribed them with a quarter each to play the quiet game, and the results were riotous.

I mean, they were certainly animated during the game, so it’s not like I lowered my craziness level by a whole bunch, but at least I lowered the decibel level for a few precious minutes. ;)

And now...in conjunction with these hilarious pics,  I give you a major braggadocios moment for each of my babies.

First up: Chica



She has pretty much the bestest teacher in the whole wide world this year, and, yes, I might be a tad bit biased because said teacher brags on Chica all the time. She just luuuurvs her (and who wouldn’t??) and that makes my heart so happy.

And last Thursday, for about the fourth time since the start of school, said teacher tracked me down in the carpool pickup line to rave about Chica—this time, it was specific to an opinion paper they wrote that day.

My girl is consistently bringing home rockstar grades and she’s so content in her class and with her friends, and I’m so dang proud of her







Next up: Chicklet



My beloved middle born has totally jumped in to kindergarten with both feet, raring to go every morning. And to be honest, compared to what I was expecting, she’s maintained an impressive level of emotional stability, given the long days and early mornings and learning, learning, learning.

She’s so happy to be in a classroom environment with lots of tiny people her age—I mean, bursting at the seams with joy over it. I mean, sometimes I see her greet a little friend on the way into school, and her smiles ares just ginormous.

She sometimes has to fight her boisterous impulses so she can buckle down and listen and learn, and she’s been doing soooo well lately.

In fact, she’s been doing so well that she made it to her milestone of “positive points” that she needed to accumulate in order to be rewarded with a behavioral treat.

She (and all her little classmates) earn these points daily through participation, listening, receiving compliments from other teachers, etc., and now that she hit her goal point level, she gets the reward of having her shoes off in class tomorrow, and she is beyond pumped. Such a small thing that brings such enthusiasm.

I’m so dang proud of my girl and all she is soaking in, every day. She is such a bright, beautiful light, this one. And I love her brain like mad.







And, lastly: Little Man



Now, this little bugger has been my easiest to toss into preschool—and I mean that with such love and peace and with great hopes that nothing about his attitude toward school will change!

He had one week of crying and really sad, separation-anxiety behavior, but it’s already self-corrected, and I’m hoping he’ll continue to be low maintenance and happy to be there.

And I got a major Mama boost when I picked him up on Thursday and his teacher cornered me and said, “do you work with him at home??” For some weird reason, I was wary to admit that I did, in case I was doing something that counteracted anything he was learning at school, but, no need to fear!

She was asking because she’d been assessing each kiddo for some milestones markers and she was wildly impressed with his intelligence, and reported him to be so smart

And though this was no surprise to me (and it sometimes seems silly to place these labels on any babies at four years old), it was a wonderful, lovely thing to hear from another educator—and she was so kind in giving me unexpected props for what we’ve done to expand his little brain at home. :)



I’m just so wonderfully proud of all my babies and the little humans they are. They drive me out of my mind bonkers on most days, and to be honest, I think sooooo much about all of my Mama fails on a daily basis (don’t we all??).

So I was beyond grateful over the past few days to be hit over the head with a little you’re-doing-something right positivity from God. :)

Happy Monday, peeps! (More tomorrow about a fun adventure we’re about to have this week.)



Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment