Monday, November 25, 2019

Can We Just Talk About Elsa For a Minute?

Okay, m’peeps.

It’s official.

We’ve had yet another event to solidify this Fall/Thanksgiving season as one of my random faves of all time, and it might seem like a tiny deal, but it’s really big deal for my crew (and probably many, many, many other crews, ha).

Drumroll puh-lease...



I mean.

I can’t even.

Pause for a moment of silence for the event that has been SIX YEARS in the making.

To say that my nuggets (minus a distracted-by-the-view-out-the-windshield Little Man) were excited is a massive understatement. :)



It was our main event for Saturday afternoon, following a morning of holiday errands, and we were smart enough to book tickets some time ago.



Not gonna lie—I was totally worried it would not at all live up to my expectations (which were HIGH).

And, yet, there was a large part of me that knew it would be magnificent, because we’ve loved both of the movie shorts that have been released over the years (the Anna birthday one and the holiday one) because the tone and the music and the humor has always been spot on.

And thank heavens, it was AMAZING, of course. 



But what I didn’t expect—and here’s where the another-thing-to-love-about-this-particular-Fall-season comes into play—is the visual palette of this second movie.

While the first one was all winter and holiday and cool blues and whites and ice colors, this one was fully rooted in magnificent plums and burgundies and goldenrods and all of the gorgeous autumn colors (which is the time frame of the movie). And it gave it such a unique feel all its own that I just lurved.





Deep sigh.

So...basically, we were enchanted, yet again.

And I may have even cried a li’l bit during one of the emotional scenes, because I just get that way with sweeping music, and because I couldn’t help but play a memory reel in my mind of Chica as an 18-month-old, going through the Frozen musical performance motions, and both girlies as toddlers, dressed to the nines in their Elsa gowns, and of all three of them giggling over Olaf and all the gleeful fun as they continued to age, and continues to enjoy it.

Ah...Frozen.

It was no lie five years ago, when the hubby and I had a conversation (I can still remember the restaurant and the moment) about how much that particular movie was “worth” to us, and the number we theoretically settled on was in the thousands, ha.

Anywho...

It was a fantastic kick-off to this long holiday, family break.

And we kept the happy vibes going by turning in our Angel Tree donations at church yesterday...





And then Mama Bear spent a few demanding hours doing a marathon round of cleaning and laundry heinousness. But the reward at the end of it all was a “spa” date with my girlies. :)



It’s a very special treat I only bust out for them once in a blue moon, but I thought a little pre-Thanksgiving nail pampering was in order, and they were soooo looking forward to it! Even Chicklet, who’d been too scared the only other time she’d been for a pedicure, ha. 





It really was a lovely, productive, but fun, pre-holiday weekend.

And then this morning, we woke tired but ready to roll with this road trip en route to family time fun.

The kiddos were pumped, the car was packed, and we kept the stress to a minimum with a fun IHOP breakfast on our way out of town (I adore their new holiday elf menu).













Now if this doesn’t look like holiday travel with kids, I don’t know what does, ha.



So grateful for making the most out of annoying rounds of driving that the hubby and I so don’t love. We totally rocked out to the Frozen 2 soundtrack for more than an hour while the kiddos colored (yay, for no electronics for just a bit!). And our reward for this leg of the journey will be a fun evening at a hotel we love. So more on that later!



Happy Thanksgiving Week, peeps!

Hope it’s a beauty, wherever you are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment