Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday Spooky Sillies (& Shopping)

Peeps.

I have never been more grateful for a long Labor Day weekend than this year. 

For a multitude of reasons.

But the first: we conquered three full weeks of (virtual) school to get here, and that feels good to have under our belt, and I wish we could celebrate by going on an adventure.

Alas, in an effort to do our part to slow the spread of germs, we decided to be lazy pieces this weekend and not formulate major plans.

But we did make one quick shopping excursion to prowl for some inexpensive, spooky decorations. And then, when we returned home, I knew it was time to complete the official inventory of all the old and new items we have on hand for our haunted fun.

The most pressing matter was inflating our outdoor inflatable from last year to see if it was in good shape, had any holes, or was missing any of the ropes that tether it to the ground.

Fortunately, we’re good to go—although the kiddos are really trying to talk me into making this an indoor decoration, ha. 



Nice try, my little loves. :)



Though I do have to say, it might not be that far-fetched, since the hubby decided we needed an additional, larger inflatable that I’ll post about when the time comes, hehe.

I swear, the Halloween inflatables are kind of a weakness for him, decoration-wise. And he doesn’t have too many decoration weaknesses (other than the 12 foot Christmas tree he’s dying to put in the entryway, ha).









After so many months stuck indoors, and so many limitations on the things we can do in large gatherings and in public, I feel like household decorations will be a fun and major distraction and pick-me-up for so many people this holiday season.



In other seasonal/transitional news...man, oh, MAN has it been a MAJOR pick-me-up to our household to have some weather variations this week.

For the first time in months and months (and months), we’ve had a break from the near triple-digit temps, and some RAIN. And it’s been glorious.

To feel the temperatures dip even five or ten degrees, and bask in the gloom of a cloudy or stormy day...I mean, I can’t even tell you the boost it’s been to my psyche.

It truly makes me hopeful that Fall is around the corner. Even if it’s our not-really-Fall, South Texas version. ;)

And now, some picks of the kiddos, who’ve really been begging to play in the rain because they loved the chance they had when we were visiting family in Oklahoma in July and played outdoors in Pawhuska. :)







HAPPY SATURDAY, PEEPS!

Over and out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment