Friday, December 17, 2021

The Finish Line of Holiday Hoopla

Oh. My. Goodness. PEEPS.

We did it!!!

Our crew has officially made it across the finish line of external/social holiday hoopla!

Holy moly, we’ve done the season justice this year.

And we capped it all off with a really fun afternoon of classroom parties up at the school.

As room representative for Little Man’s classroom this year, I got to execute all their fun, and it was an absolute joy—especially after last school year, when parents weren’t able to be involved. 

Plus, after the girlies’ amazing day of attention yesterday, it was so very perfect to shift gears and spend some awesomesauce time in my Little Man’s orbit today. :)

Unfortunately, with so many cutie pie classmates in all the pictures I snagged, I don’t have many to share (since I try not to show faces of little ones that aren’t mine), but trust me when I say that the kiddos were so very happy and festive and adorable and excited by all the fun.





Now.

I must confess: after wrapping up the party mania, herding all three of my babies home on their holiday highs, then taking the hubby to go grab his car that was  at the service center…we finally made it home, and I collapsed.

Like, I literally took a shower, crawled to the couch, and promptly PASSED OUT for a two hour nap. Totally unbothered by the sounds of the kiddos and the hubby, who were all around me and not at all quiet.

I was so out cold I was drooling, and I couldn’t be more grateful.

After a few nights of rough sleep because my poor brain just couldn’t stop going through to-do lists, I am SO EXCITED about shifting into a lower stress family gear.

We are officially closing ranks and hunkering down as a family, and enjoying some low key days before ramping back up for the arrival of family—woohoo.

So here’s to a chock-full holiday season (like, from October through now) that we’ve really lived up.

And here’s to some quality family time to finish out this amazing time of year.

HAPPY FRIDAY, peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment