Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Crunch Labs Strobe Light Animator!

Okay, peeps.

The kiddos were off school today, due to Election Day and safety precautions related to the school district serving as a voting site.

So…my three crazies were all underfoot—plus one Coda puppy—and holy goodness was it equal parts wonderful and CRAZY.

I realized around 5:30 pm, when it felt like I’d been put through the ringer, that it was my first full day with all kiddos and Coda, without it being a weekend (read: the hubby around for backup). 

Considering I was facilitating homework, tackling our engineering project I’m about to share, cleaning five bathrooms, cramming in six loads of laundry, changing sheets on four beds, going on food runs, and cleaning up after all of our messy meals AND all the puppy potty situations…it was a lot. 

Needless to say, I’m not sure that I’ve truly brushed my hair today, I really need a shower, and just sitting with Chica at her half-hour violin lesson to cap off the evening felt like a mini vacation, ha.

But more on Life With Puppy after I’ve had enough time to truly evaluate and share. For now…we’re surviving. ;)

Meanwhile, one unintended side effect of Life With Puppy is this: the kiddos begged for the dog, but the dog is taking me away from my kiddos!

I suppose to a lesser degree, it’s like bringing home a fourth child (though, anybody who compares a puppy to a newborn human baby has not had a newborn human baby; puppies are still waaaaaay easier!). But it’s still another responsibility, another distraction, and another living thing that needs time, love, care and attention. 

The net result is that I miss my kiddos. I’m sure that sounds crazy when I’m still with them allllll the time. But I just haven’t had as much undivided attention or snuggle time, and I’m sure I’ve had just a slight bit less patience, too.

It’s tough.

So today, I was absolutely determined to carve out a bit of project time when Coda would be primed for a morning nap. And after a recent run of watching a bunch of our fun engineering-based silly videos online, it was the perfect day to tackle one of our Crunch Lab engineering projects. Woohoo!

If you’re curious and want more context about this fun delivery we receive, you can read this:


Today’s box involved a Strobe Light Animator! 

Basically a really coolio thingie (technical term) that’s motorized and “plays” a movie on the inside, based on a bunch of science-y principles about light and how it bends and refracts and how many frames per second our eyes see. Like a motorized, light-based flip book, ha.



And let it be known: this project time was all thanks to this little lady’s cozy morning nap. Amen, Hallelujah!



We basically ran to the living room and posed like maniacs when we realized we could make this happen, ha.







I seriously do love how palatable these Mark Rober videos are. It’s insane how much we learn—and in a way we can actually understand!





Little Man doing anything in his TMNT blanket slays me.

















































So…a big, giant YAY for managing to do a project at all in these crazy times of ours, ha.

And holy cow, is it bedtime, yet???

More maƱana, peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment