Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A Change Of Paint

Okay, peeps.

I’ll be sharing a much longer post in the coming weeks, when things are fully settled, but, I can’t wait until then to share a sneak peek of the COOLEST room change, ever.

I give you…Chicklet’s wall color before:



And, AFTER!



I mean, holy mother of CHANGE and AWESOMENESS!!!

If you’ll recall, my Chicklet’s bedroom has always been (blue) pastel and rainbow-centric. There’s even a whole post from many years ago that details the whole shebang:

http://delappenings.blogspot.com/2020/05/what-i-did-for-mothers-love.html?m=1

Again, I’ll give greater context and backstory when I tackle the “official” post in a few weeks, but the long and short is this: a month ago, Chicklet came to me one evening and told me she was ready to make her room a bit more teen.

*Cue my crocodile tears as another kid of mine bites the dust. They won’t stop growing up!

There have been many small and large steps taken since that day, in an effort to revamp her room. And I should note that it’s absolutely ironic and hysterical that I *thought* I was freaking done with all these household refreshes a couple months ago.

We plan and God laughs, amiright???

Anywho.

The major, grounding element of this bedroom refresh is a change of paint color, and it’s been so incredibly fun to rope my girl into this entire process. Especially since she’s my kiddo who will do anything not to shop, so this is the closest I get to tackling these kind of exploratory store excursions together.

A couple weeks ago, we went to the paint store to peruse and gather some samples to paint on the wall together.



Out of three colors we brought home, there was a CLEAR and amazing winner. :)



I was just kind of scared, considering it was such a bold change, but the hubby approved it, I knew we’d have the balance of the chair rail in the bedroom, so only the top half would be color saturated, and…we went for it!

We already had the painters on the schedule to tackle the repairs of the upstairs ceiling, after the A/C debacle that caused a giant water stain. And, luckily, they were able to tack on this project for a minimal cost.

Yesterday was insane, trying to juggle several hours of the painters on site and Coda going absolutely bananas for the entire day, but, we made it through.



And I seriously can’t say enough fantastic things about how it’s all turning out. :) :) :)



The kiddos and I spent a long day of errands, today, but worked a lot of fun into the process.

We found a great mirror for Chicklet’s refreshed room, and tonight, I hung a bunch of her beautiful pictures frames, as well.



We have a handful of really rock-awesome elements arriving over the coming weeks that will complete the transformation and make this a Dream Teen Room (my words; pleaaaasse never embarrass my girl by calling her room anything like that, ha). But we’re budgeting all of that in small increments, so watch out for a comprehensive post sometime in the next month.

Okay, in other random news (though, hysterically, also painting related): I had a rare and fun outing last night with a dear friend of mine. We went to one of those painting places to tackle a visual from one of our favorite books that we fangirl over all the time. It was so nice to have some adult time and get our own creativity on. :)



I’ve also managed to tackle a couple of major organizational projects I’ve had on my list to complete before the start of school.

One of them was our holiday storage closet (no pic for that one, but it’s nice and clean, now), and the second major one was our craft closet. This bad boy took two days, on and off. OYE.



It makes me SO stinking happy to organize and streamline things within our household, and is, historically, a major part of my back-to-school mental prep.

We’re so close to wrapping up this Summer, peeps. It’s WILD.

So many odds and ends I’m still trying to accomplish, but we’ve been productive and happy the last two days, and that’s a wonderful thing.

Okay…more mañana, peeps!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment