Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Legging Spiral?

Tonight's confession: this has been a much harder pregnancy than my first in one major aspect--the clothing.

I mean, I've pretty much spiraled into a Leggings Only wardrobe, which sorta makes me kinda sad.

I have no one to blame but myself, really, considering the fact that I flat out refuse to wear maternity pants. I just don't like 'em. Wouldn't wear them last time. Still won't this time (despite everyone and their dog telling me I'm stubborn. Yes, yes, I know).

The major difference is that last time, I was ginormously pregnant in the warmer months, so it was easier to work around the pantalones situation by wearing maxi-dresses that made me happy. This time, it ain't so easy to wear maxi dresses in twenty degree weather and snow.

Sigh.

Anywho. Despite my sadness over the Leggings Only situation (and really, I have nothing against leggings--until they become the only freaking thing you have to wear), my major concern on this fine, Friday evening is that my leggings situation might be snowballing into other areas of my life.

Exhibit A: Today, my daughter and I did not get out of our house clothes and/or PJs until nearly 5 p.m. (just in time to dress before Daddy caught us)--despite the fact that I had a contractor at the house who was probably appalled by my appearance.

See, here's Chica even saying: "Mom, don't take my picture right now, you haven't even combed my hair today!!!"



(But secretly, I think she enjoyed the laziness. Just look at how she was reading her book.)


Exhibit B: Another major part of the possible spiral--my makeup situation. Or lack thereof.

I stopped wearing mascara years ago.

Then the lipstick went away.

To be replaced by the friendlier lip gloss.

Which then went out the door around the time Chica was born because I obviously can't stop kissing on her and I hate leaving yucky makeup on her.

These days, I visit the Clinique counter so infrequently, it's shameful. I mean, when I went tonight to refresh my ancient powder, I almost needed to reacquaint myself with the basics.

(But on the plus side, I had to dress to get out the door. And so did Chica--here's the proof [And, yes, she is squatting to poo. Classy.])


So, people, I ask you: am I a lost cause getting worse by the day?? Or just a happy stay-at-home knocked up Mom who just needs to bide her time until the end of this pregnancy??

Don't answer that. Ha.

Because, really, I am happy. And despite my less-than-stellar appearance, my husband and daughter are happy. (And both love me, despite my leggings.)

So I guess I won't worry too much for now ;)

P.S. In case you're interested, these are my favorite new leggings, cause they're fleece-lined and sooooooo freaking cozy. And less than $10. From Bed Bath & Beyond. Please don't judge me for buying my clothes there.


No comments:

Post a Comment