Friday, September 12, 2014

Bedtime Cuddles & Clothes

Since transitioning Chicklet to her crib a month ago, I've come to just love a very special few minutes with the girls that happens after bath time.

The gist: the hubby takes Chica to her room to dry of and get her PJs on, while I do the same for Chicklet in her room.

Then I settle into Chicklet's glider to nurse her in the lovely, soothing light of her nightlight (thank you, Godmother Lisa!). And just a couple minutes later, the hubby releases Chica to come visit us while he treks downstairs to get Chica's bedtime milk.

I cannot even begin to describe the joy of having both girls snuggled up all fresh and clean in that chair, but the beautiful thing is that they love it just as much as I do.

I mean, when the hubby releases Chica to come join us, she races across the hall to us with the unbridled abandon so special to toddler (usually giggling along the way).


My heart literally leaps with love and joy.

It's so, so special to me. I hope us three ladies get to spend that few minutes for a very long time to come.

Now...in other not so loved and not so joyful news--Chica has started stripping her clothes off at night and during nap time. 

It's usually just the pants (see them on the floor in the pic below?), but she can get herself out of some dresses, too. Shirts are harder.


At first, we thought it was something she did to lure us back to her room. A bedtime stalling tactic.

But now that she dies it so frequently and without really hollering for us to come retrieve them, I'm wondering if she just a) likes the challenge of getting stuff off, or b) likes sleeping that way. Ha.

Only danger--and it's a major one--twice now we've come in to find her sleeping diaper-less, too.

Now won't that be a fun accident to clean up.

;)

Nighty-night, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment