Monday, April 11, 2016

28 Weeks & Our Day

Hellooooo, howdy, and happy Monday, peeps!

For today's post, I'm gonna give you a big 'ole pile of random, via a play-by-play of our day. M'kay? M'kay.

First up--we had a blessedly relaxed morning. There's nothing like waking up to a Spring thunderstorm when you have nowhere to be.

The kids were calm, we were all nice and cocooned inside, and not for the first time, I got to marvel at the beautiful simplicity of my girlies watching the rain in their PJs.


Next up after breakfast, a Sofia, some play and brother's feeding/nap...a project:


We've done a handful of these mess-free glitter kits before and they continue to be winners in our household.

Easy for little hands, fun ('cause, duh, it's glitter), and straightforward enough to hold Chica's full attention.


Chicklet even swooped in for some drive-by assistance:


And, yes, she thought it would be best to sit on top of the table (though Mama did not agree):


Later, we moved downstairs so I could get dressed before Little Man woke. The girlies continue to adore playing in our master bed, and who can blame them when they snuggle like this?


Since the storms were still hanging around when we were set to leave for our lunch date with Daddy, I busted out these adorable rain boots I purchased awhile back for the girlies:


They looked so dang cute in them--and walked even cuter...a little clunkier than usual, hehe.


After an über-delicious--and healthy (bonus!)--Greek lunch, we came home for play and naps. And I got some of these precious snuggles:


You would think on a stormy day, all my kiddos would sleep soundly, but ironically, it was a touch-and-go nap day. But they were still okay, despite little or no sleep, and we got more storm-viewing in:


Alas, I was scheduled to bring my car in for maintenance in the late afternoon, but didn't get very far due to some wicked clouds that resulted in a hail storm. Needless to say, we aborted our plans and made it safely home before that hit! But the girlies were fascinated by watching it blow in from the garage:


Daddy made it home shortly thereafter, and for some reason, bodies ended up on the dining table, ha:



I blame Daddy ;) He's usually the instigator of shenanigans.

Oh, and if you've read this far, you'll finally get the weekly pic:


My Little Guy was sweet for most of the day, despite this new vampire thing he's got going on. (Stop reading if you're squeamish or averse to some overshare involving breastesses.)

He's being a bit too aggressive while nursing, so he's cutting me with regularity (totally as fun as it sounds). Then the blood he digests eventually irritates his stomach lining and he spits it up.

Now these are the joys of lactation that nobody ever shares, am I right? But someday, when I'm battling a teenage son over something, I'll want to throw out one of those I-was-in-labor-with-you-for-600-hours type of arguments, and this will serve as my documented proof.

Okay, I think that's about it. Over and out, my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment