Saturday, April 9, 2016

Double The Highchairs, Double The Food Fun

After a year or so of dormancy, the old, original high chair has made its reappearance.

'Cause it's time for Little Man to get his food on!

Earlier this week, I dumped him in Chicklet's newer high chair for a minute when I needed both hands, so he got a sneak preview of the action.

Of course, Chicklet was adorably confused about her brother taking her spot. Couldn't decide if she thought it was funny or frustrating.


I think part of her was excited about the possibility of being promoted to the bench (ain't gonna happen yet), and part of her was ready to get all territorial, ha.

But I think Little Man liked his inaugural view at table-level, and his sisters certainly liked messing with him.


Then today, we finally made things official and set up both high chairs at the table. It's funny to be back in this stage where we have two kiddos of an age that need them. Ah, the child-rearing circle of life :)

But look how cute my boy is! Especially his little feetsies under there.


Sweet potatoes were his menu item. And, as with both girls, his face pretty much said it all:


Hehe. They never know what to do with it at first. And I just love the unfiltered reaction.


Chica thought it was a riot, though. And I have no doubt she'll be widely invested in the process of getting him used to some purée deliciousness.


Can't believe my baby boy is half-a-YEAR old and branching out with his sustenance.

(But I'm not gonna dwell on it, or I'll have a massive, hormonal, my-baby-is-growing-TOO-FAST meltdown.

Denial, my peeps. It's a happy place to live [at least during weekends].)

Happy Saturday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment