Sunday, December 25, 2016

Inaugural Ice Skating!

Okay...first off, let me just say a big, fat, fabulous MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And then let me say that I'm days (and oodles of activities) behind on my posts ('cause I've been enjoying my family and fun!), so I'm gonna rewind a bit and start working my way toward actual Christmas Day events.

M'kay? M'kay.

So for this first post, I'm going to share these adorable pics of a wonderful, amazing experience we've been planning since basically last Christmas.

It was around that time, when Chica was watching Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas movie near daily that she brought up going ice skating. Because in the movie, Minnie and Daisy have a hilarious ice-off challenge. And she wanted to do something like it.

But I thought she was a bit young and needed stronger sea legs, so I told her the next Christmas we could give it a go. 

And finally, next Christmas came.

:)

We planned the outing for the day some family first arrived, and it was so wonderful for Chica to have "skating buddies" to keep her safe and happy and thrilled to be on the ice.

I couldn't believe they actually had skates so adorably sturdy but tiny, but they did. And, of course, we let Chicklet lace up as well.

The whole thing was soooooo cute and Chica was soooooo much more coordinated than I expected. And it was a wild success--which is fantastic, because it would've been terrible to wait a whole year and then have it bomb, hehe.

It was the perfect, happy way to kick off the holiday fun.

:)















 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment