Monday, February 27, 2017

Spring Has Sprung/Terrarium Project

Well, m'peeps...

Spring, it upon us.

And I know this because:

1. It's starting to rain more.

2. The first trees around our area have started to bloom.

And...

3. My obsessive need to clean and organize for the season has kicked into full gear.

But before I get into that...here's a pic of my adorable trio, totally rockin' out to Justin Timberlake's performance from the Oscars last night.


I saved it to show them today, because the song he performed was nominated from their beloved movie, Trolls. And they were ecstatic.

And now...back to the Spring that has sprung and activated my cleaning gene.

First to be tackled: the craft closet (yes, mock me; I have one).

Over the course of the holidays, it had become a virtual explosion of, well, everything. And this is what the overflow into the hallway looked like when I started my attack during nap time:


And an hour and a half later, it was tamed and cleansed, and my heart beat a bit happier.



And--happy, happy, joy, joy--there was an added bonus to this cleaning project. Now that I've gone through everything in there, I have a fantastic idea of all the fun projects I have stowed away. Woohoo!

So I busted one out and herded my crazy girlies to the kitchen after their non-naps, and we got our project on.

Today's selection, perfect for these early days of Spring...

A terrarium :)


They took turns pouring in the layers of soil...


Sand...


And rocks.


And, oops, we were supposed to save some of the soil for another thin layer st the top. But we didn't. And just rolled with it anyway since there was no turning back...and added in the chia and fennel seeds...


And pushed them down into the soil a bit...


And then misted it all with water...


Before adding the cute little ceramic mushroom it came with (it also came with a bunny that Chicklet confiscated gif her personal use, ha)...


And, finally, added the stickers to the exterior (bonus: some of them glow in the dark!)...




Here's our final, decorated terrarium (oh, and, hey, there's the flower bed in the background of the pic that Chica and I created in the backyard during nap time--well, a few nap times, ha--last week. Did I post about that? I don't think so....):


And here's poor Chicklet having a minor, short-lived, she-should-have-taken-a-nap meltdown because I wouldn't let her hold and shake up our new little ecosystem, ha.


Here's hoping our little terrarium will begin sprouting within a week like it should--even though we sort of screwed up the layers. :(

And, yay, for a renewed project zest now that the closet is clean!

Now for some bonus, random pics:

My beautiful trio all together on the sofa after our walk/bike ride this afternoon, watching Moana.


It just slays my Mama heart when they huddle together. Sigh

And, finally--double sigh for my beautiful Chicklet, who actually posed for a pic with her beloved guitar this morning. Unprompted. :)


We're off to a good start to the week. Here's hoping we. And keep it up!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment