Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Secret Life of Siblings

So...despite us going on seventh months of Chica in Pre-K, I've yet to find the delicate balance of sharing versus not sharing in one regard: what the rest of us do while she's in school.

In the early days, while Chica was still acclimating, I wanted to make things appear weighted in her favor. As if she was the lucky one going off on a school day adventure that was far more exciting than anything we might do in her absence.

But.

Chicklet has now grown and matured a lot in the last seven months and she's moore keenly aware of verything these days. So I'm now shifting a bit in her favor on school days.

By going simple things like going on special breakfast and play outings, or trying to do something fun and different...



I know the demarcation between our day and Chica's will only grown more evident as kindergarten settles upon our household in the Fall.

But I'm determined to do my best to keep all  parties happy, challenged, and feeling a bit special. Even if that means downplaying some of our respective activities on some occasions. Not secrets but not bragadocious overshares, ha.

;)

Oh, and on the subject of secrets...

Today at the lunch table, Chica leaned over to my plate and said, "oh, Mama, I forgot to tell you I like carrots now." And then proceeded to snatch a couple from my stash, and munch away happily.


I have no idea who this carrot-eating child is, since she's certainly not mine. And when I quizzed her about this newfound carrot-love, I came up empty, since she hasn't eaten them at school and Daddy hasn't given her any.


So I haven't ruled out the fact that it was a brief and unrepeatable hallucination. 

Stay tuned.

And now...bonus pics of some of us post-nap.

First, sweet and happy babies:


And a hilariously, adorably unhappy boy who wanted the phone:



And got it:


And finally, some bonus bonus pics of Chica and her homemade chocolate chip cookie vigil tonight after dinner:
 


I love my beautiful babies like mad.

Over and out, peeps.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment