Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Chica's 5th Birthday! (Morning)

Oh my heavens, we've been celebrating like mad today! Because my beautiful, silly, kind, smart, growing-way-too-fast firstborn is FIVE YEARS OLD today!

I mean...my heart bursts.

 

Some time ago, she decided on a cheetah-themed birthday, so...

 
  

I was able to print some poster-sized images for the table, and then Daddy maximized the animal fun by printing off a couple of giant images on his map plotter at work, hehe.

 

This close-up is my favorite of the images...though when I told Chica that, she informed me it was not, in fact, a cheetah, but a jaguar. Bahah.

 

I should know this from the gazillion times I've read her cheetah book with her:

 

I mean, who was quality-checking these decorations??? ;)

Luckily, she adores everything without cheetah/jaguar discrimination, ha.

She woke an hour before she usual, and belted out tunes in her bedroom until I snuck up with balloons and a prize.

Here are some blurry early-morning shots:

 
  

And Chicklet joining the balloon action:
  

 
    
 
    
 
 

The birthday girl had splash pad fun at school today--and, of course, cupcakes for her friends!
 
 
   

We had a happy and crazy lunch after we picked her up from school and a decoration-filled nap time, hehe.

More fun later when Daddy is home, but with so many pictures, two posts were definitely called for!

Over and out...for now.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment