Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday Funday Finds

So...we've just finished decorating for Chica's birthday tomorrow, and, man, it always fun to go nuts with a particular theme! More on that tomorrow (obviously, ha).

But for tonight, I've got some random finds to share. Just some silly things we've found and enjoyed over the past week or so.

First up...shoes.

At the library the other week for our music and movement class, I noticed a toddler with the cutest hot pink jelly-type shoes. Her mother laughed when I asked about them and told me that the fancy shoes, nobody inquires about, but the hot pink jellies, everybody asks about, since they're from...Walmart. Ha.

Needless to say, we made ourselves a little trip to Wally-World and snagged a handful of pairs in various colors (which are all sold out in all sizes and colors online) with zero guilt because they were $3.98/pair. (I mean, can I get a round of applause, puh-lease?)

 

They're so cute on the inside (each color has a different interior pattern) and sooooo soft and flexible.

 

Chica's favorite are the clear ones with multi-colored glitter in them. Sort of like Cinderella jellies, hehe. Alas, they didn't have them in Chicklet's size, but she luuurvs her gold ones.
 
 

Of course, whilst at Wally-World with the low, low prices, Chica fell for these:


She still stinks at wearing flips between her toes (she only made it halfway through our errands at lunchtime before switching to the jellies I just knew to bring along), but hopefully, we'll work up her stamina.
  

Next up in the fun finds department--projects!

Oh. My. Heavens. Have we stocked up on lovely, inexpensive projects galore over the past week.

First, we hit the mother load at Tuesday Morning (a new one just opened near our house). And today, we busted out this little gem that's always a hit with the kiddos:

 
  

Little Man was pretty stoked to play with the stickers. He even wandered over to the table alone this afternoon to play with the handful we hadn't yet completed. I'll try to get an after photo of his handiwork tomorrow, ha. 

Then...as if our Tuesday Morning stock-up wasn't enough, Chica and I ran some errands yesterday and found some great projects at Michael's. One item was a packet of new stencils that we always love for all our forays into painting...which we utilized today. :)

 
  

And lastly, in the things-we-love category: some fun, $1 workbooks I picked up at Tar-jay they other week.


I'm constantly on the lookout for education items to utilize during nap time, and she's really been enjoying these. I picked up a numbers one and a beginning phonics one all at the same time, and I think they'll see us through a few weeks.

And, bonus--I've noticed them in a handful of stores, so we might happen across others we'll like.
 
  

Alrighty, then.

I'm off to wind-down from all the party setup so I can recharge for tomorrow.

I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY WILL BE FIVE YEARS OLD!!!

Waaaaaaaaah!


No comments:

Post a Comment