Monday, December 11, 2017

Our Elf Is Back!

So...it’s gettin’ real ‘round here, peeps.

Scouting for the naughty/nice list has ramped up big time, because our elf (Leaf) is BACK.

Chica had been asking and asking when he might show up, because apparently, there’s been an elf (Bob, if you’re curious) in their classroom at school for quite some time. Though I’m sorry to report that Bob just went back to the North Pole, upon the directive of Santa (via e-mail) because Bob was touched not once, but twice. And as everyone knows, elves who are messed with lose their magic. Tragic, I know.

So, anywho.

We’ve been on high elf alert around our casa, and by Saturday night, I just had a feeling he was gonna show up. 

But just in case, Chica wrote him a letter and taped it to the playroom window.



I mean, what elf could possibly resist such cuteness???

None, I tell ya.

So it was really no shock at all when we woke Sunday morning to find this taped to the playroom window in place of Chica’s note.



Shhh, don’t tell, but I happened across Leaf, rappelling down from one of the kitchen lights before I went to bed on Saturday night. So I knew where we’d find him. :)



The kiddos (and Chica, in particular) were super excited to spot the note in the morning, hehe.





But needed a brief Christmas tree pause prior to launching the full-scale search.



Thankfully, Leaf was easy to spot just as soon as they descended the stairs. It’s almost like he planned it that way. ;)



That look of wonder and amazement...I adore.



I also adore the menfolk’s collective look of exhaustion.

I hear ya, boys.



I gotta say, Leaf made for a lovely view whilst in the kitchen yesterday. And, boy, did he have a way of getting the kiddos to curb any bad behavior, hehe. “Leaf is watching” is my new time out deterrent (though it’s only working with mild success on the younger two, ha).



In case you’re curious, we found Leaf in the powder bath this morning, wrapped in toilet paper because he got cold last night.



I have a feeling he’s been up to some minor decorating tonight, but I guess we’ll find out in the morning.

Nighty night, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment