Monday, March 19, 2018

Wildflowers and Lawbreakers

Fact:

Our return to the school day routine capped off in the sweetest, most adorbs way possible.

As Chicklet, Little Man and I walked to the kindergarten door, we paused a dozen times to pick some lovey wildflowers along the path. ‘Cause tiny tots always stop to see and smell the flowers and that’s why they have lots to teach us adults.

As you might expect, by the time we made it to the door and Chica ran out to us, we had a sweet little bouquet to present to her. And darn it all if the cuteness factor didn’t ratchet up to the stratosphere when Chica beamed and pulled her own bouquet for us from behind her back.

I mean, I died.

Apparently, she’d spent her recess time frolicking in the fields, gathering the flowers with her buddies. And all of the kiddies continued that flower fun after school.

They were soooooo happy and soooooo adorable, and they gathered sooooo many flowers—and now I have sooooo many on the floor o’ my car. ;)







My beautiful babies are so ready for the first day of Spring tomorrow!

Another fact:

It’s so appropriate that Spring has sprung because we truly had the best Spring Break ever! I mean, it was amazing. It set the bare waaaaay high for all future Spring Breaks to come ever after.

Of course, I obnoxiously documented every fantastic smile and step of our adventures in Orlando, so now I’ll give you a bit of our to-do list tackling once we got home.

We got our taxes done.
We managed a movie date night before Dada left.
We dug a new flower bed in the backyard.
We set up new stone perimeters in other flower beds.
We spread soil.
We spread mulch.
We (ahem, I), did ten thousand loads of laundry.

And lastly...this to-do is gonna need a little background story.

And that story begins with a confession:

For three years now, I have been on the wrong side of the law. 

Yup. That’s me. Mama lawbreaker.

Since I’ve owned my current car (three years now), I have not once put a registration sticker on my window. Yup. It’s true. I know you’re shocked.

The first year I got one and for some inexplicable reason, put it in my glove box.

For the second year, I can’t even recall what I did.

And the third year, well, I didn’t even bother trying.

Which means all that time I also never bothered with an inspection (nor did I have my current insurance in my glove box), so I was a walking (driving?) handful of tickets waiting to happen. And I never got a single one.

Say, what???!

Unfathomable, yes?

But now, peeps. I’m on the right side o’ the law again.

Inspection? Check.

Last year’s registration paid for and atoned for? Check. 

This year’s paid registration paid for and plastered on my windshield? You betcha.

And, yup, I’ve got my current insurance printed. 

So needless to say, those were some major to-do list items checked of m’list.

(And bless the non-judgmental, elderly woman at the registration office, who took one look at my three kiddos clamoring all over my legs as I was confessing my car sins, and just smiled and said, “you’ve been busy,” as a be-all, end-all excuse for my lawbreaking.)

Feels pretty, dang good.

And now, I’ll leave you with some last pics of my beauties.






Looking forward to a couple of fun and slightly busy weeks ahead.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment