Friday, February 28, 2020

Chicklet’s Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip!

Oh. My. Stinking. Goodness.

What a way to dive headfirst back into the post-flu real world. Traipsing around the zoo all day on a kindergarten field trip, ha.

As our sequestered time neared an end on Wednesday, I was eyeing this Friday excursion like it was a bomb I needed to either detonate or deactivate.

Turns out I detonated it. 

Chicklet had been looking forward to this day for weeks, I was set to serve as a chaperone, and in the end, it was going to be more complicated to bow out than to just power through. So that’s what we did.

But, man, am I wiped this evening. Thank goodness I made some happy memories with my girl, we had a lovely, small group of cutie pies to look after, and fun was had by all. :)



Of course, I have oodles of pics, but most of them have little friends in them that I hate to post without a parent’s permission.

So...here are some adorable shots of one of the highlights of our day: flamingo feeding! Which is actually something we hadn’t done before. :)



Dried shrimp bits were put at the bottom of a bowl, with water filling up the rest. The girlies just held the bowl out and let the fun pink friends approach and slurp away (and splash in the process, ha).









Happy to see my girlie smiling. She was quieter than usual today, but her stamina walking throughout the zoo was pretty strong, thank goodness. Still in recovery, both of us.



Fun health facts:
  1. A third of Chicklet’s class missed the field trip today, due to illness.
  2. Chicklet’s teacher was home sick with the flu the past few days and barely made it for the excursion.
  3. At one point, I polled six of Chicklet’s little classmates who were standing right by me, and all of them had been home over the past week with the flu. Terrifyingly, all of them had strain A, like we did. But one little girl had strain B. Just what we don’t need next!
So...here’s hoping for a low-key weekend of continued recovery and building up our stamina.

Especially since we’re exactly one week from setting off on a Spring Break adventure!

Happy Friday, peeps.

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment