Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Back To The Dance Studio!

Well…we might have missed the official first week of classes because of Chicklet’s sick ick, but we made it this go-‘round for the girlies’ inaugural dance class of the school year! Woohoo!

It felt particularly sentimental because it had been more than a year since Little Man or I actually went inside the studio. Due to Covid procedures last year, it was a drop-off situation, with only students in the building (which had its advantages, I’m not gonna lie), so being there in person, to peek every now and then at the fun, felt totally old school in a lovely way. :)







The girlies were so happy to get their dance on, and I’m so grateful it’s still an activity they enjoy. :)

Another bonus to the whole shebang: some one-on-one time with my boy!

I was just telling the hubby the other day that I feel like I’m regularly able to work in some alone time with the girlies thanks to homework necessities or Harry reading, or a handful of other things we tackle together. But since Little Man has no official homework, yet, there’s not a built-in Mama/son activity amidst our busy after-school afternoons/evenings. 

I mean, of course I spend oodles of time with all three of them together, but I’m not so far removed from having my boy as my buddy on the days he wasn’t in preschool. And I’ve been missing him a little bit.

So it was particularly special to bring some coloring (his request) and just chat and be project companions for a full hour—and it went by so fast!



We’re already plotting more project fun for next week, and I know that this will continue to be a happy bit of time for the two of us together. :)



It’s all about digging in to those school year routines, peeps. The end of this week will be a full month since kickoff, and I feel like we’ve just barely scratched the surface of settling in. For our household, it always seems to be around October when we truly hit our stride.

Regardless…the kiddos are doing so well and are so happy in school, and I’m grateful some extra-curriculars are able to proceed for the time being. I don’t think we’ll ever take them for granted again!

Happy Tuesday, peeps.

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment