Friday, March 25, 2022

Little Man’s Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip!

Oh. My. Heavens. PEEPS.

Happy Bridgerton Season 2 Day!

I mean…HAPPY LITTLE MAN’S FIRST FIELD TRIP DAY!!!

(Bridgerton is just my reward tonight for surviving as a chaperone, ha.)



Now. It has to be said that my experience with Chicklet on this very same kindergarten field trip (just after battling the flu, and just before COVID lockdown) is still a favorite memory of mine. And for Chicklet, too.


So I was absolutely looking forward to this milestone experience with my boy.

But I was also eyeing this day on the calendar with no small sense of trepidation.

Because although I’m a seasoned field trip chaperone, the zoo experience is absolutely the hardest (in my humble opinion), so I knew what I was in for! Ha.

You basically arrive, receive your group of crazies, and are sent off for nearly four hours on your own with a wish and a prayer of survival.

No breaks for groups activities or presentations.

And an ever-present fear of losing a kiddo amidst the melee. 

Now…far more terrifying this go-round was the fact that I arrived to a zoo TEN TIMES as packed as I have EVER EXPERIENCED this zoo. And I truly mean that.

Not only was every school known to man on site today, there were HOARDS of general patrons. To the point that I had to park in the LAST available row, even before the zoo officially opened, and we had to wait nearly AN HOUR at the end of the day for the buses to make the snail-paced progress through the pickup line amidst a gazillion other buses.

It was INSANE.

Hands down the hardest field trip ever to keep track of my small gaggle of boys.

But we did it!!! 

We held hands like a human caterpillar 99.9% of the day. I counted heads CONSTANTLY, even when we were holding hands. And I stuck close to two of my other mom friends and their kiddo groups so we could have a tiny bit of strength in numbers.

Thankfully, it was all worth it. Because several times throughout the day, my boy hugged me and said it was “the best school day, EVER.” And when it was time for me to leave (when the kiddos all had to load back on the bus), he full-on cried because he was so sad to be separated.

Luckily…that hour-long wait while we tracked the progress of the buses helped dry his tears, ha. ;)

Anywho.

DEFINITELY a milestone day with a lot of joy and fun.

Totally worth the vibrating ache in my legs from all the walking and insanity, ha.

And now…COLLAPSE.

And Bridgerton after the crazies are in bed. ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY, peeps!

Over and out. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment