Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Distraction Doodling

Okay, peeps.

Little Man appears to be on the mend, though this random stomach bug has been a bit two steps forward, one step back, so…we’ll see.

But I took some time today to scoop up pics of our random doodles over the past couple of weeks, and I lurv how this beloved pastime has stayed with us for three years running—and really morphed into an excellent chance for quality time or distraction, as needed. Like…

During “ice days” off from school, when we unintentionally doodled fire-breathing creatures, tehe:















That round was so successful the kiddos even requested some framing. Woohoo! And how OLD do they look?? It slays me!



Little Man and I have even enjoyed some hysterical “trunk doodles” of late, which are exactly as they sound: doodles completed in the trunk of my car during times of illness and/or fractured fingers when he can’t play tennis, but has to hang out for his sissies’ lesson up at our neighborhood recreational center, ha.



We pop the trunk for ambiance and air flow and enjoy some doodling while we kinda sorta watch them play. :) It’s cramped but memorable, ha.




And even random doodles on homework-light weekdays or even a Friday afternoon, when I’m pumped to spend some time quality time with my babies.

Chicklet selected this one (shocker: it’s puppies, ha) and I never managed to capture a pic of her finished product.



But look what a lovely and colorful background our master bedroom provides for these pics…



Maybe I should take pictures there more often, ha.



And, somehow, I don’t think I ever posted our joyful round of lava lamp doodling from a couple weeks ago. Again, it’s magical when I can get Chicklet to join us. Woohoo! (Again: whyyyyyy do my babies look so old?!?)








Still brings me joy, peeps. Every single time.

And I hope, someday, it will bring the kiddos joy when they look through their awesomesauce portfolios.

So…yay, for a random catch-up post on doodling!

Happy Hump Day (Ash Wednesday), peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment