Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Halloween 2023!

Okay, peeps.

Since it’s late, my puppy has diarrhea, my eldest might have strep, I’ve got a cold, and there’s a 6 a.m. school wake-up looming for the recovering twins/not twins…I’m gonna keep this short and sweet!

Despite allllllllll of the above, tonight was another glorious, core memory kind of Halloween for my babies, with crisp weather, the community vibe of wonderful friends and neighbors, and all the tired legs and high sugar levels that a fantastic October 31st should be. :)

Also: because it wouldn’t be Halloween if one, two or three of my kiddos didn’t make last-minute costume changes, I give you Little Man as Harry Potter (a stinking adorable one), Chicklet as a Fortune Teller, and Chica as a Sorceress. :) 



Rewinding a bit…here are the two pics I caught before school (the kiddos were allowed to wear any costumes that were from storybooks; a workaround of the no Halloween costume rule, ha, but we took full advantage with the most classic storybook wizard!):





An hour later…I always get to dress up for my Barre class, which is good times on Halloween. As usual, I went for super subtle, tehe:



Okay…now we’ve fast forwarded to after school. Or rather, about 30 minutes before pictures on the porch and heading down the street to the neighbor’s house for pizza and trick-or-treat launching:







Little Man was so keen to get the bucket of candy on the porch and get going, already! Ha.



Ugh. He really was an adorable Harry. Hard to be mad at his split decision costume change (he was supposed to be a TMNT with Daddy, ha):





My pensive fortune teller in her gorgeous and on-brand blue velvet!







A hilariously-posing Daddy (plus Coda, ha):







Too much?? Or just enough. ;)



If my beloved eldest looks less than beaming in this pics, it’s because the poor girl was suffering, but still begging to go out to enjoy the fun.



She rarely caves to being full on sick, but she’s been taken down by something. I fear strep, as she was crying from throat pain by bedtime. Third pediatrician visit (plus a fourth, bonus ER round) in six days. JOY.











It’s soooo wonderful for my babies to have a gaggle of neighborhood friends to trick-or-treat with. It’s exactly as it should be—tired legs and all!—and I’m so grateful for the roots we’ve planted, here, to allow for such a happy, friendly vibe. :)















Excuse any typos, and blame my bleary eyes if they exist.

Passing out, sooooooon.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, 2023, peeps!

It was a wonderful one!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment