Thursday, March 30, 2023

Official Birthday Girl!

Well, peeps.

We totally and completely lived up Chicklet’s ninth birthday celebration this past weekend with a really fantastic camping theme!


But…we still had to mark the official day, TODAY, with a special pop-in surprise lunch at school!



All along, I planned to bring cupcakes to Chicklet’s class in the afternoon, but I kinda sorta spaced about the tradition of meeting the birthday kiddo at school for lunch.

Luckily, my phone reminded me of exactly what I was doing on this day, last year, and I wizened up. ;)

And, man, was it worth the effort! Not only did I get a happy, 15-minute, bonus run-in with Little Man, but Chicklet was ECSTATIC to have me there, and totally surprised. Win/win!

Even better…the cutie pie sat on my lap, like, by choice, for the entire meal, and…I DIE. It felt like MY birthday! Ha. I don’t have to tell you how numbered the kiddos-on-laps days are for me, so I was pretty much on cloud nine.



I love it when my babies are snuggly and sweet and loving and HAPPY to see me at school. It’s the best of the best. And knowing all the extra attention made my birthday girl feel special…well. That’s the whole point!

I mean…look at this cute face! (She was begging me to download a new app for her iPad this evening, ha.)



It was a joy, I tell ya.

So it felt like literal icing on the cake to show up in her classroom later with treats. And hysterical to watch my girl in birthday dictator mode, since they have a classroom tradition where nobody gets to eat a bite until the birthday kiddo eats a bite. My girl took her sweet time, just to torture everyone and feel the power. :)





I LOVE this beautiful baby of mine, SO STINKING MUCH. Her smile and her laugh LIGHT UP MY LIFE, and I’m pretty much in denial that she’s nearly double digits!







The days are long, but the years are short. 

And every single one of them is so, dang, precious.

Happy Chicklet’s 9th Birthday, peeps!



Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment