Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Mini Spring Craft Fling!

Well, peeps.

We’re almost through the school week, post-concert, and headed into another boisterous weekend ahead, because the kiddos are off on Friday, and obviously, it’s…EASTER!

I’ll be the first to admit that life has felt hectic enough lately that I sort of looked up, saw it was April and was like: What the…? How did this happen???

Hence, the hustle to tackle those tricky and only quasi-successful Spring String Eggs of ours last week. I realized my Springtime days are numbered!

Similarly, I decided to throw a couple additional projects into the mix this week before we lose the opportunity, and this one was much easier and far cuter than the eggs!

I give you…DIY felt Easter Baskets!



Truth be told, I purchased these kits last year, and we just never got around to them (hmmm…perhaps this hectic Springtime vibe is a recurring thing??):



Anywho. The kits involved some minor sewing, which was a fun and diverting task for the kiddos. I helped Little Man with his, while Chica generously assisted Chicklet—whose smile might look a tiny bit different in this pic because she’d just lost a tooth a couple hours prior!



In fact, she lost it at school, left it in the classroom at pickup, and made a marathon loop to grab it and make it back to the car…hence the red cheeks.



Alas, my girlie was so exhausted by the time she made it home (on our first 90-degree day, no less), that she wasn’t feeling well, and I sent her to rest a bit. Five minutes later, she was fast asleep…



I suspect this had far more to do with the late-night concert ripple effects than any potential heat wave or illness, considering Little Man had fallen asleep on the couch the night before…



Apparently, my babies have a bit more sleep training to do before they can manage a 2 a.m. bedtime, post concert (insert all the laughing emojis).

Anywho. They’re all freshly showered in these pics because I insisted on an early bedtime (again) to help counteract the sleep loss of a few days ago. And I definitely think it’s helped, as nobody fell asleep after school today, ha.

But back to the basket sewing…









Because it was time for bed when Chicklet and Little Man finished their baskets, I only managed this pic:



Then today, after homework was completed, I decided to tackle a spur-of-the-moment doodle with Chica, since she didn’t get a chance to sew her basket yet. Selfishly, doodles always make my heart happy—and so does this smile. :) 



I picked an easy and adorable Easter-appropriate one. Who doesn’t love a good gnome?? ;)







I suspect the next few days will fill our hearts and our schedules, and there will be no rest for the weary, as next week is jam-packed, as well!

But, hey. We can rest sometime around…June. ;)

Happy Almost Easter Weekend, peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment