Sunday, August 9, 2026

A Summer Cousin Wedding!

Okay, peeps.

I thought--*thought*--so many of my blogging problems would be solved with the return of my beloved app!

Turns out, that was HALF-BAKED LIES.

Apparently, my blogging problems (namely: not enough time/capacity) are only partially due to the platform and mostly due to life.

(Shocker, I know.)

Case in point: I spent three days (yes, three) starting and stopping the previous post about Little Man's bathroom because I'd type two sentences and then get pulled in a different direction.

This happened from the house, from the car, morning, noon or night. No matter the tiny slice of time I tried to carve out when I thought nobody would interrupt me...I was foiled. Time and time, again. It was almost comical.

All this to say, I'm still rejoicing, big time, that my beloved app is up and running again! But apparently, I'm still in that different age and stage of life that makes it hard to post as frequently as I once did, and I continuously have to accept that.

But…we're going to take the victories where we can get them!

And the victories today are:

1. I finally finished and posted the bathroom refresh.

2. And I'm finally--finally--going to take two seconds to post something else that happened a couple days after the bathroom was finished, before we went to Colorado, and that was...

A family wedding!

That's right: a wedding. :) In Illinois!

My youngest cousin got married on a lovely July day and we celebrated in a beautiful, peaceful setting, on a gorgeous summer evening, and it was nothing but joy to be in that neck of the woods, and see so many family members--some of whom I hadn't laid eyes on in more than twenty years! (GASP!)

Because it wasn't my wedding, I'll only share a handful of pics and ask forgiveness, not permission!

(Luckily, only about four people check this here blog, so hopefully, that small handful won't disown me,)

Okay...here you go! (Thumb nail/ collage of a bunch so family members get less annoyed with me posting unauthorized pics. Ha.)






Okay…this is one I’m posting large and still without permission. ;) Two of my cousins, who I loved seeing during my childhood visits to Illinois, but hadn’t seen in years.

One I saw one about eight years ago, and the other, twenty years ago. And they look just the same! Insane.


And finally, all the cousins in attendance (plus some spouses). Poor Younger Bro and his wife were in the aftermath of a very scary medical situation with their daughter (she’s great now!), so Older Bro held them up on FaceTime for a pic, tehe.


Not to be super mushy, but..:the older you get, the more you cherish these special events that pull many family members together and return you to adolescent memories. It’s a beautiful thing, and I’m so grateful for the time and space, together.

More post, soon!

Over and out. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment