Saturday, November 19, 2022

Thanksgiving Break Downshift

Well, peeps.

Holy, moly, does it feel like we were crawling over the finish line to make it through the last day of school before break, yesterday.

The hubby had to pick up the kiddos while I spent an extra couple hours up at school decorating classrooms. 

I was tired.

The kiddos were tired.

Chica was running a 101-degree temp by the time I made it home.

We were all just ready to stick a fork in it, and be done!

It’s been four years (I think, if memory serves) since we’ve had such a rough run-up to Thanksgiving.

In fact, for the past two years, I can specifically recall November being exactly the opposite—meaning, it was lucky enough to feel like a time or reprieve and happy holiday build-up, so…I guess we were due for a bit of a tough season.

Lots of illness.

Lots of busyness.

Just…lots to make us a bit weary.

So.

We downshifted big time today and stayed indoors amidst the chill and rain. We spent a lot of time on the couch or in various positions around the living room, with a lovely fire going all the live long day, and it was so necessary.



I managed to bake a couple things for the fam, amidst 2,437 loads of laundry, and then in the afternoon, during a family viewing of Enchanted, I fell into a sleep coma on the couch.



By evening, I rallied again for more laundry and a family viewing of the new Disenchanted. And the hubby and I had some movie time after the kiddos were asleep (amidst moooooore laundry) to watch the new Spirited (so fun and lovely and musical!).

Definitely some much needed lounge time woven in amongst the chores, but I’ll admit to still feeling quite run down.

And the to-do list for tomorrow is much longer than I’d like. Oye.

Alas…another day or two of regrouping and catching up on all that’s fallen by the wayside amidst our busy schedule and loads of household illness and I think I’ll finally be in a mood where I feel like things aren’t so disheveled.

So, here’s to the official start of the kiddos’ school break, the hope we can work through all these ever-loving germs, continue to get everyone healthy, and try and get in a happy, Thanksgiving mindset!

More maƱana, peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment