Thursday, April 18, 2024

More (Joy-Sparking) Light!

Insert

Okay, peeps.

My foray into non-wired lighting continues!

If you’ll recall, I got the biggest spark of joy (pun intended) over the non-wired sconces I recently installed in the living room: 


Like, so much joy that I filed non-wired lighting under things I never knew I always needed (that the hubby also thought he wouldn’t like)—along with fiddle leaf figs and obnoxious drapes, ha.

These things make my heart happy and my home more vibrant.

So I kept the non-wired lighting momentum going with some sconces for our bedroom that I adore:



They’re modern enough to be hubby approved, match our furniture perfectly, are battery operated and have a handy-dandy remote control.

WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE??!!





Lights off…



Lights on!



Someday soon, I need to stage a few comprehensive pics of our primary bedroom (we say this instead of master bedroom, now, yes??). But, for now, I can’t say enough happy things about the new and different vibe we’ve created.

It used to be all white and bright (which we loved, and is certainly our base level for decorating), but we fell for something completely different that’s all moody and broody and we’ve been totally enamored with the change. And the happy functionality!

We’ve got a whole entertainment unit thing going on, which is totally new for us. It provides so much more storage and takes advantage of the square footage we have at our disposal.

It’s been really fun. :)

It’s also felt like a lovely reward for living with our old furniture for several more years after it was deemed at “total loss” by the insurance company due to our water disaster. It was still usable, of course, but there were some issues with the drawers after the water warping, and that meant we couldn’t really use them. Not ideal! Faux dresser, with our clothes mostly living in odd places like the bathroom, ha.

These days, it’s really happy to walk in the room and still get a burst of smiles over something that feels really usable and cozy.

And, now, with fun lighting!







Grateful for the time to finally install these (weeks after they arrived, ha). I can’t wait to enjoy them all lit up at night.

Happy Thursday, peeps!

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment