Saturday, July 25, 2015

Goin' Fake

Well, peeps. It's official. I've gone from real to fake.

And I'm not talking about tan, teeth or breastesses.

I'm talking potted plants. Ha.

So I've recently come to the realization that: 1) I might have a bit of a black thumb--or at the very least, a brown one, 2) it makes me go into a Hulk-like rage when forces beyond my control (hello, bunnies) destroy plants I've paid for, and 3) I grow weary of watering my pots about two months in.

So...if the options are to either have bare patios and porches or go fake, I'm goin' fake! With bells on.

Now, here's one of my sad pots before:



It's saying: Why, why have you forsaken me??? Don't you love me anymore?? Aren't I pretty enough (despite my sun-bleached leaves)??

Sorry pot. You're day in the sun (pun intended) is over. I'm trading up for some plants that won't require one iota of attention 'round the time I give birth to a third child.

Now here's the after (a.k.a. My Fake Creation):


Improvement, yes???

I just went to Hobbs of the Lobbs (also known to some as Hobby Lobby for 50% off stems and greenery, and made a few fine selections from their very realistic looking (in my opinion) plants.

Then I cleaned out my pots, put some green floral arrangement foam in the bottom of the pots (for stem stability):


And, voila! Easy peasy.

Here's my other "before" pot:


Sad. So sad.

And...after:



I have grand plans for a few more pots for the front (these are in back), but for now, I'm so pleased with my no-maintenance creations. And not at all judgmental of myself for giving up on the real deal this season. Life's too short and about to get crazier. Simplicity it is!



And now, I'll leave you with some gratuitous pool shots of my girlies from this afternoon:






Happy Saturday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment