Saturday, April 1, 2023

Road Trip Bluebonnets!

Oh my goodness, peeps.

We’re on a short little road trip to our old Dallas stomping grounds this weekend for a CONCERT (more on that mañana!), and it’s been the kind of gorgeous, blue-skied driving day that makes you appreciate Texas in Springtime.

All that sky.

All that green (that won’t last!).

And alllllllll those beautiful, roadside wildflowers! (Thank you, Ladybird Johnson.)

I’ve actually been snapping pictures out the windshield all day, because the pops of blue and orange, yellow and pink are just stunning. Every few minutes I’ve been hollering for the kiddos to look up from their books and iPads. :)

Anywho. We’d just finished our lunch stop near Round  Rock, followed by a coffee run. We were in line at the drive thru when I looked right and gasped.

Right there, within walking distance: an insanely gorgeous, massive field of bluebonnets!

I squealed, bailed from the car and the drive thru and hauled the kiddos with me, and we hiked the little hill down to the field.

I DIE.



It was just soooooo lovely. And fragrant! We’ve explored some smaller bluebonnet fields in the past for some photo opportunities, but I don’t remember the scent being so strong and incredible. Almost like hyacinth! Maybe because those prior fields weren’t quite as wild.



Ugh. Baby Chica and Chicklet just slay me!

Anywho…more of our present-day bluebonnet gloriousness:



Poor little man didn’t get the “joy” of those hilarious photo opps back in the day (by the third kid, in 3.5 years, I was sort of less excited about wrangling them and getting them to smile in an itchy field, ha). So it was really fun to see him so enthusiastic about this particular excursion. He was off like a shot; way into the field! :)























What a special and beautiful road trip surprise. 

I’m so grateful for the randomness!

HAPPY TEXAS SPRINGTIME, peeps!

Let’s all enjoy it for the two weeks it lasts, ha. It’s going to be 92 degrees today. 

More mañana.

Over and out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment