Monday, September 23, 2024

Little Man’s 9th Birthday!

Man, I love this kid:



He wakes up every day talking a mile a minute.

His natural speaking volume is a 12 (out of 10).

He’s whip smart and super competitive.

His feet are practically my size.

He’s a fierce defender of friends and truth at school.

He cares so much about leading well and facilitating playground fights that he visited the school counselor last week for tips on social dynamics among his (intense) soccer crew.

He’s obsessed with table tennis (and skilled at it)!

He ends up shirtless most days.

His socks are somehow always two sizes too small.

He loves math and prefers harder problems.

But he races to complete his homework on the bus ride home.

He loves our favorite engineering and trick shots YouTube channels.

He’s got mad drawing skills.

He’d probably grab his iPad in case of a fire.

At nine years old, he’s ALL BOY and determined to be as old and as smart and as capable as anyone he lives with or meets, and I love him so much it literally drives me CRAZY most days. :)

There’s something about my last baby entering his last year of single digits.

UGH.

I love, love, love him.

This year, he wanted a party at The Main Event with his boys. So we did a dine-in movie as a family on Saturday night, and then we did some balloons and presents on Sunday before his shindig, and it was surprisingly low key (another sign my boy is aging, which slayyyys me).









One of his requested gifts: a super soft new rug for his bedroom, tehe.











The rug turned into a wrestling arena, ha. Thanks to these fun, new Swuishmallow costumes.





His Yes Day demands were so low key, he mostly forgot to make them! IHOP breakfast was the first…and maybe only? Except for an extended bed time. Naturally. ;)















The gift I’m already living to regret??? A table tennis robot, to launch practice balls at him. So, now, instead of 200 ping pong balls all over the house, I have 200 million. 













These party animals made excellent use of the laser tag and gaming at The Main Event, ha:









And my obnoxious glasses got even more obnoxious inside the laser tag arena. ;) I also outscored all the boys on my team. Take that!













I’m so, so grateful God graced me with a boy. THIS boy. He’s undoubtedly the reason I have lots more gray hair, but I’m beyond blessed by his brain, his curiosity, his determination and his dang snuggles…when he rarely graces them!

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY, Little Man!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment